Introduction. Flotation is the common copper processing technology, which can be used for sulfide ore and oxide ore. The copper flotation plant usually includes following steps: crushing and screening, stage grinding and flotation, thickening and dewatering, and copper concentrates recovery.
Copper Flotation Process Summary. Flotation of Copper Ores. Although basic porphyry copper flotation and metallurgy has remained virtually the same for many years, the processing equipment as well as design of the mills has continually been improved to increase production while reducing operating and maintenance costs.
About 80% of the uranium minerals remain in the tailings from the flotation cells, from which they are recovered by acid leaching as in a normal uranium mill. The copper concentrate is also processed through an acid leach to recover much of the other 20% of the uranium.
On average, the demonstration XCELL flotation machine recovered about 30% of the copper in the plant tailings at a concentrate grade of nearly 15%. This finding was consistent with the findings from another copper concentrator wherein a row of four XCELL flotation machines have produced excellent recoveries at relatively high