NTA has released the official notification for UGC NET 2020 on 16 March 2020. The eligibility criterias for the same are as follows.
UGC NET 2020 Educational Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have scored at least 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in their Post Graduation or equivalent from any recognized university.
- Students appearing for final exams are also eligible for applying for exams. They will be considered for the JRF award after they pass their qualifying exam with minimum marks.
- Ph.D. degree holders whose post-graduation exam was completed before September 19, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) are provided an additional relaxation of 5% in minimum marks requirement.
UGC NET 2020 Age Eligibility Criterias
- Assistant Professorship: There is no age limit for UGC NET Assistant Professorship.
- For the award of Junior Research Fellowship the upper age limit is 30 years as on June 1, 2020.
- There is a relaxation of age provided to reserved category candidates as per the government of India norms.
- SC, ST, OBC, PWD, Transgender and Women candidates are given an age relaxation of up to 5 years
UGC NET Exemptions for Assistant Professor
NET/ SET/ SLET is the minimum eligibility condition for the appointment for the post of Assistant Professor. Exemptions from NET/ SET/ SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- Candidates who have passed UGC/ CSIR/ JRF examination before 1989 are exempted from appearing in NET.
- Candidates who have cleared States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held before June 1, 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- However, candidates qualified in SET held after June 1, 2002, are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities and colleges situated in the respective states.