National Testing Agency
- National Testing Agency (NTA) has been rooted as a specialist, premier, autonomous and self-sustained testing organisation to conduct entrance examinations for the fellowship in higher educational institutions.
- To assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission, and recruitment purposes.
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify gaps in the knowledge systems and take steps for bridging them.
- To identify experts and institutions in setting examination questions.
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards.
Governing Body :
The administration of the NTA has been entrusted to the Governing Body, the first members of which are as under:
|01||Prof. M.S. Ananth, Former Director, IIT Madras||Chairperson|
|02||Sh. Vineet Joshi, Director General, NTA (ex-officio)||Member|
|03||Three Directors of IITs in their ex-officio capacity
as the present, preceding and succeeding
Chairpersons of JEE (Advanced)
|04||Two Directors of the NITs in their ex-officio
capacity as the present and preceding Chairperson
|05||Two Directors of the IIMS in their Ex-officio
capacity as the present and preceding Chairpersons
|06||Director, IISER Pune
(Representing IISERs, on rotation basis)
|07||Vice Chancellor, Jawaharlal Nehru University
(Representing Central Universities, on rotation basis)
|08||Prof. R. R. Kanhare,
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),
|09||Dr. Harish Shetty,
M.D. (Psychiatry), Dr. LH Hiranandani Hospital,